CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER, COSTA VIDA
Costa Vida is looking for a Chief People Officer to lead by example and interact directly with the executive management team. This position has full-time availability and makes a competitive salary plus bonus potential. This position reports to the President. Costa Vida's headquarters are near Salt Lake City, Utah.
ABOUT COSTA VIDA:
Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill has been redefining traditional Mexican food since 2003. By using whole, real ingredients and making the entire menu from scratch, Costa Vida has created a lighter, healthier take on Mexican food that's as invigorating as a trip to the coast. Today Costa Vida has restaurants in a growing number of the US States and Canada and is positioned to be one of the fastest-growing restaurant franchises in North America.
The Chief People Officer (CPO) will be responsible for reimagining Costa Vida's people function, culture, structure, and policies. S/he will drive key Human Resources (HR) best practices and initiatives and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function, across all offices domestically and internationally. Reporting to the President with a dotted line into the CFO, CMO, & COO, the CPO will develop and execute the HR strategy for the organization and partner with the Senior Leadership Team to execute on the Costa Vida vision. The CPO will serve as a thought partner to the President and CEO, provide HR advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning, and development. The CPO will also oversee the HR team and be responsible for leading, assessing, mentoring, and supporting team members to ensure daily HR operations are handled timely and appropriately. If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced, and team-centered environment, apply today!
THE ESSENTIAL ACTIONS THAT WILL MAXIMIZE SUCCESS ARE:
- Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the overall purpose, mission, values, and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of Costa Vida's HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.
- Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Senior Leadership Team, especially the President, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity, and inclusion.
- Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and assimilating high-potential talent throughout the world. Advise people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount.
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention, and onboarding by refining or creating compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of Costa Vida.
- Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are handled regularly.
- Respond to the HR demands of a national Brand, with geographically distributed locations; assist in articulating HR policy at the state and regional level.
- Guide the HR team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Engagement, Benefits, Rewards, Visa and Immigration, Policy, and Compliance.
- Partner with IT on HRIS, ATS, and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organizational risks.
Culture and Development
- Develop relationships with the employees of Costa Vida and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups, cultures, and newly acquired assets.
- Coach and counsel Senior Leadership Team in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement.
- Counsel, coach, and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- Coach and mentor colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management
- Role model Costa Vida's core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the Costa Vida community.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred. Certifications in HR helpful (SPHR, GPHR). 15+ years of relevant business experience ideal.
- At least 10+ years of progressive HRBP leadership experience, with 2-3 years leading an HR function.
- At least 3 years experience managing people and teams of various sizes and. demonstrating a strong cultural awareness.
- Public sector, not-for-profit experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of M&A is helpful.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with specialized expertise in at least 2 areas. Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business topics in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right-sizing them to the needs of fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, humility, and credibility are necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions-focused, and results-oriented.
- Passionate about the purpose, mission, and core values of Costa Vida, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $250,000 +
- Medical, HAS, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Open PTO, and 401K matching plan.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you are ready to build valuable relationships with a work-family worth bragging about, please fill out our initial, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
We are a values-based company with capital raised to accelerate our growth. Costa Vida's headquarters are near Salt Lake City, Utah. Individuals seeking employment at Costa Vida are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.